If you are a fan of baby corn, then you must try this chili baby corn recipe. Ready in just 30 minutes, the chili baby corn recipe will instantly become your favorite.
How to Make Chilli Baby Corn
1. Rinse and dry the baby corn with kitchen towel. Chop the baby corn in halves if they are larger in size or keep them whole if they are smaller.
2. Prep the spring onions, garlic, green chillies, ginger, capsicum and set aside.
3. Make a smooth and medium thick batter with the cornstarch (cornflour), all purpose flour, salt, pepper and water.
4. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Dip each baby corn piece in the batter and coat it well with the batter.
5. Gently place the batter coated baby corn pieces in the hot oil. When one side firms up and is crispy, light golden, turn over and fry the second side.
6. Fry the baby corn till the edges and sides are golden brown turning over a couple of times with a slotted spoon.
Place the fried baby corn on kitchen paper towels.
In another pan or frying pan or wok, heat about 1 tablespoon oil. Or you could use the same pan that was used for frying the baby corn – keeping 1 tablespoon oil in it, remove the remaining oil with a spoon.